2 min read
One of the best parts of the holidays is all the delicious food. But if you’re trying to eat healthy and watch your waistline, all of these seasonal meals and treats may present a challenge. Before you start baking or cooking, check out these tips and resources to help you eat healthier during the holidays!
One way you can ensure there’s something nutritious to eat at a dinner or party is to bring a healthy dish to share! Here are some resources for making healthier holiday fare:
- Need to give your favorite holiday recipes a healthy makeover? This article and this article can help.
- If you’re cooking or baking, check out some simple healthy recipe substitutions here.
- Here’s how to flavor foods using herbs and spices rather than salt or butter.
- There are lots of delicious fruits and vegetables you can use; check out these seasonal favorites. Plus, check out some of our members’ favorite ways to incorporate them into their meals!
General tips to eat well during the holidays:
- Try these tips, and check out this article, to help you eat healthier this season.
- Need a primer on portion control? We’ve got you covered.
- Reduce your risk of food poisoning at holiday meals and parties with these tips.
- Here’s how to navigate the holiday food minefield, and here are tips to help you stick to your diet at holiday parties.
Original Source: http://blog.healthadvocate.com/2015/12/tips-and-resources-for-healthier-holiday-meals/