Here is what you can do to prepare your family in case COVID-19 spreads in your community.
Find Local Information
Know where to find local information on COVID-19 and local trends of COVID-19 cases.
Know the Signs & Symptoms
Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if symptomatic:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Call your health care provider’s office in advance of a visit
- Limit movement in the community
- Limit visitors
- Take Steps for Those at Higher Risk
- Protect Yourself & Family
Create a Household Plan
Create a household plan of action in case of illness in the household or disruption of daily activities due to COVID-19 in the community.
- Consider 2-week supply of prescription and over the counter medications, food and other essentials. Know how to get food delivered if possible.
- Establish ways to communicate with others (e.g., family, friends, co-workers).
- Establish plans to telework, what to do about childcare needs, how to adapt to cancellation of events.
Stay Informed About Emergency Plans
Know about emergency operations plans for schools/workplaces of household members.
Original source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/index.html