- Find food assistance help using United Way: 211
- People looking for food assistance can call the WHY Hunger Hotline at 1-800-5-HUNGRY or visit their website.
- Use Community Resources Connect for food assistance information in your area.
- Senator Bob Casey has compiled food assistance resources for Pennsylvanians
- Find a Meals on Wheels provider near you for a nutritious meal.
- Penn State Extension Farm Market Finder – An interactive map to search for farmers’ markets, on-farm retail markets, and public markets.
- PA Department of Agriculture Food Resources for Pennsylvanians
- Food Assistance Locator from the Central PA Food Bank
- Salvation Army Harrisburg Capital Region Food Assistance Information
- York County Food Bank Food Distribution Information
- The Adams County Food Resource Web Map was created by South Central Community Action Programs (SCCAP) and Adams County Government to assist the public and service agencies in assisting those looking for food resources in the community.
- Where to Find Free & Nutritious Food during COVID-19 in Philadelphia
- Philly Food Finder Map
- Food Pantry Locator in the Philadelphia Region from the Coalition Against Hunger
- Free Meals List in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia’s list of key services and supports for residents can be found here. Topics include free food and meals, help with housing, utilities, resources for immigrant communities and more.
- CityTeam Updated Program Hours & Closures
- List of Hot Meal Sites and Food Providers from the Chester County Food Bank. View the interactive map of food distribution sites on their website.
- Food Resources Locator, Grab & Go Meals for Kids, and a Food Distribution List from the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
School Meals During Closures:
- Susquehanna Township School Closure Free Meal Program (Note: Click on “Visit Website Homepage” if it says the page is inactive or protected.)
- Harrisburg School District Free Meals for Students
- Philadelphia Schools Offering Free Meals
- Find Free Meals for Kids in the Philadelphia Area while Schools are Close
- Recreation Centers Open Offering Free Meals for Students 18 and under
- List of Schools in Southeastern Pennsylvania Providing Meals during School Closures
- Delaware County Upper Darby School District School Meals Program
- Adams County School Meal Information
- Lancaster County School Meals
- School Meals in Dauphin County
- Food bags are being provided for children who are not in public school as long as they are no longer nursing/eating baby food. If you know of a family enrolled in Shippensburg Area School District that would like to receive Hound Packs, please have them contact their school counselor, Head Start staff, or complete this form.
- Grocery Stores & Restaurants:
- Food Safety:
- Food Planning during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Start Simple with MyPlate – Handout
- Get a Personalized MyPlate Food Plan
- Download the MyPlate App to Start Setting Simple Goals for Healthy Eating
- Looking for recipe inspiration for your kids? View our Easy & Healthy Recipes for Kids HERE!
- Find creative ways to use canned or dried beans. View our Beans, Beans, and More Beans Recipe Book HERE!
- Quick Tuna Casserole Recipe
- One Pan Spaghetti Recipe
- Easy Red Beans & Rice Recipe
- Apple Pancakes Recipe
- Pasta Primavera with Frozen Vegetables Recipe
- Nacho Bean Dip Recipe
- No Kid Hungry Coronavirus Grant Request – Apply for Emergency Grants to Support Local School Districts & Nonprofit Organizations
- Child Nutrition Program Recommendations for Operations During a Pandemic
- Best Practices for Safe Distribution of Food
- Adagio Health Food Cupboard Suggested Donations
- Donations for Family Shelters in Philadelphia
- Franklin County’s Food Insecurity Task Force is helping to organize the community’s response to COVID-19. One of the areas that they need help with is for people to call local organizations to find out what their volunteer needs are and to call food resources in the area to see what they are offering/if it has changed. Contact Noel Purdy of Healthy Franklin County at 717.504.0559 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you can make calls.
- Guidance for where you Live, Work, and Play!
Original source: https://www.behealthypa.org/covid-19-food-resources/