Penn State PRO Wellness works on the BeWell initiative to complement wellness efforts specifically for Penn State Health employees.
COVID–19 Employee Wellness Resources
Addressing COVID-19 is uncharted territory, and Penn State Health employees have been called to address the pandemic in a variety of ways. Recognizing that each of you is facing unique challenges, as a leader in wellness practices for the Penn State Health community, our PRO Wellness team hopes to share with you some strategies to support your wellness during these times. For employees who may be telecommuting, please review the resources provided below. For those working directly with patients, the following resources linked below will be of most benefit: COVID-19, Getting a Good Night’s Sleep printable & Mindfulness Journal.
For emotional, spiritual, or psychological support, call the staff support hotline:
In house: x3600 / From outside: 717-531-3600
Text messaging based support available through TigerConnect by searching HMC Staff Support Hotline.p
COVID-19 Resources to Support You and Your Family
- Penn State & Penn State Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Mental and Emotional Wellness
Learning to cope effectively and create meaningful relationships.
- ComPsych Training Videos
- Mental Health Information
- Care for your Coronavirus Anxiety
- Learn to Surf the Waves of Stress Lunch and Learn
- Mental Health Practices
- Mental Health Self-Care Information
- Mental Wellness Information
- Parent Caregiver Guide
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus
Focusing on the importance of physical activity, nutrition and proper sleep.
Stimulating environments that support well-being.
Penn State College of Medicine – Center Stage
Finding a sense of purpose and meaning in life.
- 30-minute Meditation Video
- Dr. Jud Brewer’s mindful approach to pandemic-related anxiety
- Headspace videos
- Meditations (No prior mindfulness training or experience is needed)
- Relaxing Heart Rhythm Meditation
- 30-minute meditation practice to help manage stress and anxiety and instill peacefulness, calmness and compassion into your day
- Weekly Heart Rhythm Meditation (HRM)
- Every Wednesday from 12:00 – 12:30 pm via Zoom Meeting ID 366-995-5967 ; Passcode: 1heart*
- Mindfulness For Mishaps
- 5-minute mindfulness exercise for inserting a pause when experiencing mishaps
- Be Where Your Feet Are
- 5-minute video offering a grounding practice, one that invites anchoring awareness in your feet while standing
- The Lake Guided Meditation
- 12-minute video that invites you to hold the image of a lake or another body of water in your awareness
- Short Awareness of Breath
- 5-minute video offering a time to bring awareness to the present moment with breath.
- Relaxing Heart Rhythm Meditation
- Mindfulness Practice Community LIVE
- Mindfulness Journal
- Occupational / Financial Wellness
PRO Wellness works on the BeWell initiative to compliment wellness efforts specifically for Penn State Health employees.
BeWell initiatives are focused on Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Health St. Joseph and Penn State Health Medical Group. The aim of this initiative is to assist with changing the culture of Penn State Health to make the healthy choice the easy choice. PRO Wellness works collaboratively with Penn State Health Human Resources to:
- Create quarterly employee newsletters
- Host wellness lunch and learns
- Host employee health challenges
- Distributes wellness grants to enhance employee wellness
- Facilitate the BeWell Champion program
For more information contact: email@example.com.